Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Temporary Decoration Fiat G.50 Freccia, Albania

 There are models that do not deserve to be represented, either because we do not have exact information about them or because their very existence is highly debatable, furthermore, there are times when we just want to have an idea of ​​what the models to be made would be like, so it is necessary to apply sometimes temporary decoration to a model, I had already talked about it before, with a Colombian J2F Duck, of which there are no photos, but I was curious how it would look, but now I am going to deal with the subject in more depth.

G.50 Freccia Albania

After the fall of Italy in World War II, much of its equipment was abandoned everywhere, in the postwar period, several countries repaired it and returned to service, so we have information on Yugoslav or Croatian aircraft, but we have no information of Albania, where the Regia Aeroanutica had large quantities of aircraft, so it is possible that some of them were repaired and used by the new Albanian Air Force, but unfortunately, there is not a single photo on the Internet of an Albanian aircraft between 1946 to 1949.

So to assemble one of them, it is impossible to have correct data, we can only speculate, so I have thought to use one of my last G.50 to assemble an Albanian plane, but before doing so, I have decided to temporarily decorate one, to see how It would be seen and if it is worth doing.

temporary badges

In a store ticket, I paint the black circles, to which I add the guides to make the red stars, as well as the decoration of the rudder, which is a rectangle with the Albanian colors; I cut them out and glue them on with a glue stick.



The result, even without cutting the rudder badge, which has given me a good idea to repair broken rudders.


And the final result, an Albanian Freccia, which really looks weird, and since I don't like it that much, maybe it would be better to paint one with the darker scheme used at the end of the war, or repaint it completely in Russian colors, like the Yugoslav appliances.




No comments:

Post a Comment